- SKUNKS CAN BE KEPT AS PETS IN FLORIDA
- PET SKUNKS LOVE TO BE HELD AND PETTED
- PET SKUNKS USE A LITTERBOX
- PET SKUNKS MAKE A GROWLING NOISE WHEN IT’S CLOSE TO FEEDING TIME
- PET SKUNKS WILL COME WHEN CALLED BY NAME AND CAN LEARN BASICS (MUCH LIKE A DOG)
Okay, so maybe a pet skunk sounds ‘weird’ at first, but as I have read a few articles about skunks in Florida, I am starting to warm up to the idea. (Madison and Abigail both just stood up and have their backs to me). Don’t worry guys, we aren’t aloud to legally keep skunks as pets in Pennsylvania. But in Florida a person is able to have a skunk as a pet. They even have Skunk Rescues in Florida due to the abandonment of the pets when the owners move and cannot take them along. Most are found along the side of the road, left to fend outside on their own. (URGH when will people learn? Pets are NOT disposable) Okay, anyhow…. I thought this was all very interesting and StumbledUpon an interesting couple who seem to be pretty good at the skunk parenting roles. So good in fact, they help out the Florida Skunk Rescue and now have 14 adorable little guys.
Read more about this couple and their litter of skunks here…..